United Church of Chapel Hill has an accessible church building.
Parking and Outside Entrances:
- There are three accessible entrances to the facility.
- When coming to worship, there are four handicapped accessible parking spaces adjacent to the Sanctuary. Across from the Sanctuary are seven additional parking spaces that are labelled “Priority Parking” for those who for a variety of reasons, permanent or temporary, need to park closer.
- When coming to the church offices, there are two more handicapped accessible parking spaces near the weekday (and smaller) portico and entrance.
- On the other side of the building, the western entrance, there is a ramp that allows outdoor access to both levels of the building.
- The church sanctuary is accessible.
- Inside the sanctuary, there are areas available to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Assistive listening devices are available to those needing hearing assistance. Please ask a church usher for one.
- There is an American Sign Language Translator available on Sunday mornings at the 11 am worship.
- There is an elevator in the Narthex outside of the Sanctuary to go between the Main Level and Lower Level.
- There are accessible restrooms as you move from the Sanctuary to the Fellowship Hall.
- There are a total of five accessible unisex restrooms located on the Main Level.
- On the ground floor there are accessible restrooms in the middle of the church school hallway and two accessible unisex restrooms in the youth wing.
An elevator in the Narthex outside of the Sanctuary serves both levels of the facility and particularly on this eastern side of the facility.
We look forward to you joining us for Sunday morning worship services or other events.