This year marks Alison Robertson’s 30th year as our congregation’s Nursery Director. Over the course of three remarkable decades, Alison has given loving care to many of your children, grandchildren, relations and friends.
Sunday after Sunday she welcomes newcomers and regular attenders with warmth, compassion, and the kind of attention only a highly experienced child care professional can offer.
During the week, Alison directs a five-star, licensed mixed-age family child care home in Chapel Hill. She says that mission of both her home child care and UCCH Nursery is to provide a safe place in which children can learn and grow in a fun and nurturing environment – and we see that mission come to life every week.
To honor Alison’s vital and enduring commitment to the youngest members of United Church, the Board of Children’s Ministries is planning a special celebration on Sunday, August 30. We’ll show our appreciation through festive presentations in worship and during the “Welcome Back” cookout at 12 pm.
WE NEED YOUR HELP:
We want to convey our deep gratitude for Alison’s service through gifts of personal notes from church members, as well as a love offering.
- Please send personal notes (notes from children are strongly encouraged!) to the church office at UCCH, 1321 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Chapel Hill 27514, to the attention of Susan Steinberg, by August 28.
- You may also email a special message y August 28 to email@example.com which we’ll put in a card.
- Bring a card or special note with you on the 30th.
TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE OFFERING:
- CLICK HERE to give online.
- Place a check with “Alison’s 30th” on the memo line in the collection plate during worship.
- Send a check to the church office, to the attention of Susan Steinberg.
- Look for special offering envelope for Alison in Sunday, August 30th worship bulletin.
We invite you to take a moment in the next few weeks to express your gratitude to Alison for her long and fruitful tenure at UCCH. Such blessed milestones are rare and precious!