Welcome to UCCH Youth Ministries!
United Church Youth Ministries is a sacred community inclusive of youth and families from all walks of life, where family means extending our arms as far as we can reach and then trusting that the spirit reaches those even beyond our touch.
As persons of faith committed to walking alongside young people as they journey towards a deeper “knowing,” we seek to offer a sacred space where ALL students can question, dream, take themselves and their spiritual identities seriously, and challenge the rest of us to do the same. At United Church we value our students, not because they are the future, but because they are the present.
United Church Youth Ministries offers many opportunities for youth and families to participate, including worship, education, the arts, volunteering, fellowship, and more. We hope you will give us the opportunity to get to know you by participating in the life of our community. Please read below for additional information about UCCH Youth Ministries.
The primary intentions of the youth ministry program are:
- To call young people to be disciples of Christ, nurturing them in their faith journeys.
- To respond to the needs and the interests of teens, pre-teens, and young adults.
- To work in partnership together, as youth, children, adults and community leaders.
- To develop servant leaders who will continue to share God’s love with the world.
- To nurture a spirit of inclusivity among all youth, families and friends of UCCH.
Sunday School and ConfirmationDuring the church year (September through May), our youth meet on Sunday mornings at 10am.
Confirmation is the second step in the covenanting process, following baptism, for young people at United Church. Eighth graders and older are invited to discover what it means to commit to Christian faith.
For more information on our youth program, contact the Associate Pastor for Youth and Young Adults, Ian McPherson (email@example.com)